Pendock Estates is now able to offer an environmentally friendly alternative to landfill for many types of Biodegradable or "Green" waste. Our recently completed site for the storing and composting of biodegradable waste is open for business on an appointment only basis. Vehicles can be weighed on site on our weighbridge thus enabling us to keep accurate records of volumes delivered onto site, as well as providing the ability to cater for account customers with large volumes of material. At the moment materials available to be accepted on site, as laid out under Environment Agency guidelines include:
- Waste from forestry, horticulture and aquaculture as well as wood processing and the production of panels and furniture, also wastes from pulp, paper and cardboard production and processing.
- Garden and park waste including cemetery waste.
- Waste from Zoos, animal parks, livestock markets and the keeping of horses.
- Waste from fruit, vegetables, cereals, edible oils, cocoa, tea and tobacco preparation and processing; cocerve production; yeast and yeast extract production; molasses preparation and fermentation.
- Waste from the textile industry.
- Waste from waste water treatment plants as well as from the preparation of water intended for human consumption or industrial use
(Full descriptions of the above can be found in E A regulations on the guidance for registering and exempt activity: storing and composting of biodegradable wates - Paragraph 12.
We are currently applying for a license which will increase our capacity as well as the range of materials able to be accepted on site.
The site is located on the B4208 just south of the village of Pendock, GL19 4PR
Our Finlay 798 Double skin Trommel screener is also available to hire. This machine is ideal for screening compost, soil and certain aggregates such as crushed concrete. Materials are screened into three fractions, fines from 20mm x 20mm down (10 mm screening is available), Middle fraction is screened at 70 x 100mm, with anything above this as oversized. Screener can be hired out with operator and 360 excavator for loading, or alone, at favourable rates. Loading can be by 360 excavator, loading shovel, and farm load all or such like.